Friday, January 20, 2012

Short Attention Span Theatre

Here's the latest.  Naps are forming around 1:30pm these days.  LO refuses to sleep before 8pm.  This battle has recently turned into some bedtimes for her after 10pm.  Knock down, drag out marathons where we try to cajole/sweet talk/force her to sleep.  It's not that she can't sleep, she can't sit still long enough to feel how tired she is.  Reading books at bedtime is another challenge because she'd rather run in circles in her room and wants me to do it with her.  This inability to sit still is also apparent at bath time.  She either refuses to get in entirely or dips in, then by the time she's soapy, screams to get out.  Rinsing off has become one of us holding her while the other sprays.  Nice.

Here's an example of how quickly she goes from bliss to boredom:



In fact, while sitting in my lap on the sofa the other night, she turned to me and said, "Mommy, I'm bored."  This morning her first words upon waking were, "Mommy, I can't take it. Any. More."  What "it" is, I don't know.  Is this just part of the terrible twos?  I feel like she's soaking in the world at such a rapid pace, it's staggering just to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment