Monday, November 1, 2010

Welcome

In February 2010, a beautiful baby girl was born.  Along with her, two people became parents.

I am a new mom living in Los Angeles.

I've avoided the mommy blog for months now.  The only problem is that since I'm a writer, these thoughts pass through my head throughout the day until I've virtually written and edited an entire essay in my own brain.  They say if you call yourself a writer, you should write.  This is Hollywood and while that makes perfect sense, this town is full of people who "write" but never actually do such a thing.  (Said people also wish to "direct").  So enough already, it's time to get these words out into the world.

Now that I have an 8 month old daughter, a short blog entry fits perfectly into the time available to me to string complete sentences together.  This is also known as nap time.  I've got my laptop battery charged, I can see LO in the baby monitor sleeping away and I figure I've got a whole twenty minutes before she wakes.  The world is my oyster.

So think of this blog as a "momedy," an account of a real life Carrie Bradshaw now entering the world of parenthood.  I've traveled the world, lived abroad and even once went on a date with a Belgian rock star (oxymoron?).  I've eaten, prayed and loved.  I married the man of my dreams and we have a beautiful 8-month-old baby girl.  Now I diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment