Saturday, February 26, 2011

Best Moments

My father-in-law said recently that he had three best moments in his life.  (One being LO's Christening and the other two are classified).  It got me thinking what mine would be.  Thirteen months ago I probably could've named them, but ever since LO came around there's an endless list of new ones.  Sweetheart, today when I was stretching in the dining room and you surprised me with an upside down "Boo!" and laughed hysterically in my face, that was one of those moments.  One of the happiest moments of my life.  I can't explain why, but I was acutely aware of it at the time.  It was this overwhelming feeling, much like when you were born and like I've continued to experience since.  This must be the love of a parent, which grows like a seed each day.  Each day when you wake I look forward to another happiest moment in my life.  You're sleeping now, and although I don't know what tomorrow holds, I do know that with you in it, every moment will be the best.

1 comment:

  1. Words only a parent can truly understand. Beautifully written. Savor every precious moment...

    B.
    xo

    ReplyDelete