Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vocabulary at 12 Months

LO has developed a nice little vocabulary over the past few months.  Seems like every day she adds to it.  Here's what she's saying.  (Each of these involves a lot of pointing and air swallowing excitement):

Baby
Bye bye
Hi
Woo woo (woof woof for doggies)
Mow (meow for kitties)
Ba (ball)
Ba (bottle)
Boo (bird)
Poo (when she farts)
Ma ma
Uh oh

Baby is probably her favorite.  She points to babies when we're out, babies on food packaging, wipes, diapers boxes, you name it.  She even points to herself in the mirror and to photos of herself on my phone and says clear as a bell, "Ba-by."  It's thrilling to have this new ability to communicate.  It's also scary to see how quickly she's processing language and understanding things I say.  Now I have to extricate my favorite curse words from my vocabulary for fear she'll end up like the baby in "Meet the Fockers."

What will LO's next word be?  It could be "fish" because they're her favorites and she makes the "f" sound when she sees them.  Whatever it is, I can't wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment