Friday, March 11, 2011

A Tsunami Can't Keep Me Down

I have a predicament today.  LO is threatening to walk any second now.  She stands on her own, takes one step and falls, but I know that step will connect soon and I don't want to miss it.  We're on "Walking Watch" in our household.  Problem is our video camera just crapped out after our trip to San Diego and now I'm video camera-less.  This is a major problem.  I discovered the camera problem yesterday but I think I was in denial about it.  Maybe if I turn it on and off a dozen times it'll start working again.  Right?  Wrong.

Reality set in this morning when I realized LO could take her first steps today and I'd miss it because my camera, a rather new one I might add, was on the fritz.  This can't happen.  Which leaves me with only one choice -- keep LO from walking until I can get out to buy a new camera.  I feel like a terrible mommy, taking batteries out of the dinosaur walker, encouraging her to crawl instead of cruise.  Whatever it takes -- this baby is NOT taking first steps without them being documented.

The other minor issue here is that a tsunami is going to hit the West Coast in about five minutes.  My plans to wake up, throw on some clothes and burn rubber to Best Buy have been replaced by worried calls from relatives and way too much CNN.  Head for the hills!  Stock up on groceries and canned goods!  All I care about is getting that new camera.  We're in an elevated area but the Pacific Coast Highway is the main way to get places from here and it's awfully close to the beaches, which are being closed down.  I figure I'll take Sunset, staying on high ground and get back in time to hand in that preschool application.  LO will have been in her car seat, so no walking will take place if I just get my butt in gear.  Tsunamis are such a drag.  But whatever happens, I will get my pic!

Why won't the music play?

1 comment:

  1. OK - you can take the batteries out of the dinosaur walker but you cannot tie LO to a chair! A girl has to do what a girl has to do when she has to do it!!!

    xox

    ReplyDelete