Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Walking Watch Update

The tsunami was minor, we got a new Canon Powershot and LO took three steps.  They weren't documented because she completely surprised us after dinner last night but she still isn't exactly walking.  She tries to take a step, falls and then resorts to crawling.  Batteries are back in the dinosaur, the push cart is at the ready, camera charged.  Walking Watch on.  Things just have a way of working out, don't they?

I have to admit until recently, I haven't done much to encourage LO's walking.  A part of me knows that a walking baby = a toddler and a toddler is no longer a baby.  She has no teeth yet either, so I'm sure she'll walk and cut an entire set in the same week, which will mean zero sleep is in my future.  Now that LO is 13 months old, I'm starting to get a little paranoid -- will she EVER walk unassisted?  The preschools require your child to be potty trained before starting but what if she isn't walking?!  Tomorrow, I'm on it.  Walking and pushing all day.  She can do it, she just needs confidence.  If she's gonna be a world class athlete, she's gonna have to step up her game.

No comments:

Post a Comment