Monday, February 6, 2012

4 More Days

LO will be 2 on Friday.  When somebody asks me how old she is, no longer will I be able to answer in months.  Two is two.  There's no more cuddling this child like a baby, she's on the move and extremely independent.  She relishes in saying "No" to everything:

Me: Do you want to eat breakfast?
LO: No, I don't want to eat breakfast.
Me: Do you want to go to the park?
LO: No, I don't want to go to the park.  (lie)
Me: Do you want...to get dressed?
LO: No, I don't want to get dressed.
Me: Do you want...to go see Gram and Gramps?
LO: No, I don't want to see Gram and Gramps. (lie)
(This goes on until...)
Me: Do you want some chocolate chips?
LO: (looks up from her toys) Okay!

Today we officially turned LO's car seat around to face forward.  She hated being backward so much with the sun always in her face and barely able to crane her head around the sides to see anything.  We got her a Britax Frontier 85 SICT, which will eventually serve as a booster seat down the road.  We were so excited for her to have her first ride, but when we got to the car, she refused to sit in it.  She wanted to sit on the actual backseat.  "Where's the buckle?" she said.  "I can't find it."  DH and I looked at each other: "You gotta be kidding me."  She had to be forced into her seat, but she eventually loved it.  Another day, another milestone.

Is anybody else turning their seat around soon?  Am I the only one a little sad to see my baby turning two?





No comments:

Post a Comment