Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back in Cali

DH and I had our first adult get-away last weekend since LO was born.  Yes, it's been 2 years.  We went to NY for a friend's 40th and left LO at our place with Gram and Gramps.  DH and I reveled in our freedom, went to museums, saw friends, we even splurged on a movie, "The Artist" (yawn).  The highlight for me was the amazing Italian dinner we had at Lupa Osteria Romana, http://www.luparestaurant.com/.  I had the Cacio & Pepe -- highly recommend.  I'd eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could.

With all of our exploring,  I was proud of myself for keeping my separation anxiety in check.  Gone for 4 days and not one tear shed.  Then I find out LO did not ask for us while we were gone.  Only once the night we returned, she asked Gramps where we were and he explained that we were flying home.  She said okay and went back to playing.  What's up with that?  


No comments:

Post a Comment