Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Happy Birthday to my little sweetheart!  LO turned 2 on Friday and we had a small family party in the park to celebrate.  She made out like a bandit in the toy department, but we can't help it -- it's just too darn fun to buy her toys.

Curious George was the theme since LO is in love with the books and cartoon right now.  She liked that plus the big bouquet of balloons, stack of presents and cake.  I think she got what it was all about, or at least she got that it was a special day all about her.  After opening each present, she wanted to stop and play with it rather than move on to the next one.  Her favorites are the Play-Doh, the Playmobil pirate ship (some girls get doll houses, ours gets a pirate ship), the Dora karaoke mic and the Schoenhut piano.  She sits at the piano and plays while singing into the mic like Elton John.  I don't know where she picked that up, but it's hilarious.  Yesterday she and I rocked out to pop music, her singing into the mic and the two of us dancing in the mirror.

It was a whirlwind, to say the least.  Now that the relatives have flown home and it's all over, I have to admit there's a tinge of longing for that little baby to be back in my arms again.  But then I look at her an am so blown away by what a little person she has become and I want to see more more more.

1 comment: